After 36 days of post-surgery recovery and relaxation, it is time for me to continue my never-ending quest to save the world. You may rest easy again knowing that I am back on the job...
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
- "We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits don't matter and waste is not our problem," he said. "We can no longer afford to leave the hard choices for the next budget, the next administration -- or the next generation." - Obama, May 7, 2009, while discussing his 17 billion budget cuts, speaking as if he has just saved the country.
- I have only one question (that never seems to be asked of him or Congress) - if you increase the budget by 300 billion (for a new total of 3.55 TRILLION), and then cut 17 billion, how is that an actual cut?
- Here it is without all the extra zeros: 3100 + 467 - 17 = 3550
- So, what the headlines SHOULD be screaming is - 450 BILLION INCREASE IN FEDERAL BUDGET.
- But since nobody ever calls Obama on lying and deception, he can claim a 17 billion CUT in the budget.
- MEANWHILE, OVER IN CONGRESS - The House wants to increase Members’ office budgets next fiscal year by almost 15 percent ($90 million), citing increases “due to the election year cycle.”
Friday, May 1, 2009
The Department of Homeland Security has defined rightwing extremists:
...those who are mainly anti-government and reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority...
uuhhh...isn't that how federalism and the Constitution are SUPPOSED to work?
Meanwhile...with everything else going on...what is Congress discussing?...college football.